Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008 is already awful. According to Wikipedia:
On December 31, 2007, Nick GAS went off the air after its final airing of Figure It Out and was replaced by The N, which became a 24-hour channel after splitting from sister channel Noggin.
I wasn't going to say anything on my blog, but this is the kind of story where I think it's almost more suspicious if I stay quiet.

No news on why GAS went off the air, but if I had to guess I'd say it was their business plan of showing sports tips and trivia instead of commercials. I'll also never understand why they only showed 4 or 5 game shows from Nick's orange, splattered vaults. They were airing Figure It Out 8-12 times a day, every single day, for several years. Would it have killed them to show a What Would You Do?

NBC is bringing back American Gladiators. Maybe it's time to update GUTS for a new millennium too.

Phil Moore, Mike O'Malley, Kirk Fogg, Mo, and even you Summer Sanders - thanks for the memories. I only hope the Internet can deliver 10 years from now when I'm feeling nostalgic and have an itch to watch a temple guard scare a child.

1 comment:

Ripsy said...

On Noggin I have watched Legends of the Hidden Temple, Guts, Global Guts, Double Dare...

the only redeemable think about the N is that they have a show called O'Grady (which is amazing and can be downloaded from iTunes.) and they used to show Daria. Since they no longer air these I stick to the interweb.