Sunday, January 06, 2008

This blog is about to turn into TheWireTheWire.com, as my favorite show returns tonight for it's fifth and final season.

I think I'm better at writing about things like Kid Nation than The Wire, but if you seek commentary I'd highly recommend TV critic Alan Sepinwall's blog. He writes reviews for New Jersey's Star Ledger, and for shows he really enjoys (The Wire, Dexter, Friday Night Lights) he blogs a weekly in-depth analysis. I recently rewatched The Wire season 4 (best season yet of the best show of all-time) and his reviews pointed out things I missed even on my second time through.

He hasn't posted his review of the season premiere yet, but he did write up a preview (which is a little spoiler-y if you are anal about these things like I am, but not too bad) and a handy guide to how the first scene each year establishes that season's theme.

Still want to read more about The Wire? I know I did this morning! Here's a (lengthy) guide to The Wire's credit sequence. Several people from the show reply in the comments, including David Simon.

1 comment:

El Gigante said...

Wire fan eh Jeff Then you should read this bit of gloriousness
http://www.believermag.com/issues/200708/?read=interview_simon