Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A few months ago I posted my all time favorite educational film, Bike Safety Camp, on YouTube.

For weeks and weeks it sat there with a few hundred views and one comment. This week, traffic picked up.

I don't know why, but in the past three days part 3 (of 3) went from something like 350 views to 6,973. It's also picked up 14 comments.

Though I'm thrilled to share the wonder of Bike Safety Camp with thousands of people, I'm upset that I can't figure out who my 6,972 new best friends are. How are all these people suddenly finding it? Neither this blog nor the YouTube video are in the top Google results for "Bike Safety Camp." YouTube's "links to this video" is apparently useless. Technorati, the blog search engine, came up dry.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might find the monkey that started this Bike Safety Camp viral outbreak?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it has almost 12k views now... you're famous..