Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I believe everyone is born with a mission. I was fourteen years old when I discovered my mission - to introduce as many people as I can to Bike Safety Camp.

As the name implies, Bike Safety Camp is a children's educational video about bike safety.

Now, I'm something of an expert on stupid children's safety films. Blockbuster used to rent them for free, so my bored friends and I would take them out and rip on them. Please, try to understand how serious I am when I say that Bike Safety Camp is the greatest safety video of all time.

I first saw this masterpiece in 7th grade health class. I can still remember how my class facetiously pumped their fists in the air in time with "Wear A Bicycle Helmet (Every Time That You Ride"). That summer, I obtained a copy on VHS from a friend in summer camp (he sent it to me after the summer was over, thanks again Justin).

For a time, I worried what would happen if my VHS of Bike Safety Camp suddenly fell apart. Would I ever be able to find another copy? How would I share it with my children?

Thankfully, I no longer have to worry. A friend of mine graciously indulged me and ripped the VHS to DVD. Of course, I then began to wonder if anyone would even know to look for the DVD if something horrible happened to me. So just to be sure, I uploaded it to YouTube.

I've shared this video with every friend I met in public school, private school, college, work, and everywhere in between. Now, dear blog reader, I am sharing it with you.

Bike Safety Camp is a little over 20 minutes long, so I had to break it up into three parts. Trust me, it's worth it. I'm going to go ahead and embed part 1. Please, share and enjoy!



Here's part 2 and part 3.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember how, in college, I begged you to try to put this online, and back then technology had prohibited you from doing so, due to time constraints and the work involved.

God bless YouTube.

I heart you.