Sunday, October 15, 2006

Of the many cultural advantages to living in (or near) New Jersey, nothing beats Six Flags Great Adventure.

Six Flags Great Adventure is home to the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster, Kingda Ka. Telling you the numbers (456 feet, 0 to 128 mph in 3.3 seconds) doesn't really do it justice. I should also mention the whole experience lasts well under 45 seconds.

After a year of talking about it, some friends and I finally got to ride Kingda Ka over the weekend. I wished I was brave enough to make a point-of-view movie while I was on it. Then I remembered I lived in the future, and that someone probably had done it already.

Another interesting fact - a sign outside the ride explains that sometimes Kingda Ka doesn't make it over the hump. It just falls back down. DON'T PANIC! Everything's fine, and it just goes again. My friends and I were unable to come to a consensus on if we wanted that to happen.

More info, as if I need to say it, on Wikipedia.

1 comment:

thomas said...

I spent two days at Cedar Point a few years ago hoping to ride The Dragster, a similar coaster. The ride failed several times while I waited in line before they closed it down for the day... and the next day. I'm still bitter about that.