Monday, July 03, 2006

Congratulations to the trailer for Charlotte's Web. It has just set the record for most Academy Award nominees in a preview that also features a fart joke.



It's about 40 seconds into the preview that a talking cow (voiced by Academy Award winner Kathy Bates) farts on a rat. The rat is sent flying through the air to an unknown, though likely hilarious, fate. Lest we think this was an accident, the Kathy-Bates-cow lets out a satisfied, "bullseye!"

What other classic children's literature is primed to be updated with fart jokes? Here's some ideas:

The Giver - The Giver farts on Jonas.
The Berenstain Bears - Father bear farts, blames it on Brother Bear. Keep in mind they are all CG. This is the one I'm most surprised doesn't exist yet. I'm thinking maybe Dakota Fanning as Sister Bear.
The Chocolate War - I actually don't remember any of the characters from this one, but I imagine the fart being followed by a "GROSS!" and maybe someone doing a bellyflop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there.

I'm from Mexico and need a translation of this trailer for school.

I'm just missing what the rat says to the cow when the last one farts, just before cows say "Yeah", "Bullseye"

I hope you can help me. I just can't figure out the words. (in english would be really helpful) Thanks a lot.