Sunday, June 25, 2006

Dear Management of the Planet Hollywood of Toronto,

I was honored to receive your letter. I often tell people that National Treasure is my favorite of all the films I have ever directed. Your decision to include the special glasses Nicholas Cage used to read the Declaration of Independence and find the treasure has really touched me. Having a prop from one of my movies exhibited next to classic props like the baseball bat from Signs and Richard Gere's hat from Runaway Bride... well, it is truly an honor.

That is why it's with such a heavy heart I must inform you I simply can't attend the glasses' premiere. I am delighted to hear that Diane Kruger
will be able to attend. She's a doll - tell her Jon said hi.

I am of course happy to sign the poster you sent me.

Best Wishes,
Jon Turtletaub

No comments: