Monday, September 04, 2006

I'm very excited to tell you guys about the new live show I'm putting together.

Some friends and I are going to be doing a live commentary on old educational filmstrips. It's a bit like like Mystery Science Theater 3000.

We're calling it Cool Kids Club.

Besides me, the show is written by and starring Dan Hopper, Kevin Haulihan, Steve Menegozzi, and Matt Esolda.

Our first show is in Williamsburg this September 20th. That's a Wednesday night. It's at the Universal Space Agency.

Also, just in case, we're inviting everyone to bring their own alcohol.

Dan, Kevin, Steve, and myself worked closely together on Penn State's humor magazine, Phroth. Over three consecutive years Dan, Kevin, and Steve each took a turn directing Phroth Phest, the magazine's annual live sketch show. The three of them turned the show into the rarest of beasts - a well-attended and funny student production. Matt directs awesome music videos, and does a weekly comic for the CollegeHumor newsletter. He's also the A/V nerd of the group, which is really saying something. He'll be making sure the show looks and sounds great.

I also started a Cool Kids Club MySpace page - http://myspace.com/supercoolkidsclub. I'll be keeping that updated, and this won't be the last time I mention it on jeffrubinjeffrubin.com.

No comments: